Digital Automation Consultant
London Borough of Redbridge is looking for a Digital Automation Consultant to help the Council with its automation efforts. The Specialist is required to take a holistic view of the Council's requirements and start by establishing a suitable automation strategy for the Council, including identifying the capabilities required to sustainably implement automation technologies and the associated governance and resources required to maintain it as part of BAU. The Specialist will then be required to lead on the delivery of automation activity for the Council, ensuring that return on investment is maximised.
Who the specialist will work with:
IT team, business area leads, Digital First Programme Team. Two pilots for robotic process automation are underway.
What the specialist will work on:
Develop an approach for the Council to implement automation of manual processes. Identify the capabilities required to sustainably implement improvements using automation technologies. To include development of a strategy and identification of the technologies, governance and supporting resources which will be required to implement.
Remote due to Covid working arrangements at the council.
Essential skills and experience:
- Have experience of developing corporate approaches to Automation technologies
- Have experience defining the technical requirements to establish an automation function.
- Have experience of defining the human resource requirements to support an automation function.
- Have experience of managing automation/robotic process automation projects.
- Practical experience of working with automation tools.
- Ability to engage on a technical level with relevant teams and providers - hardware and software
- Have experience and understanding of the major vendor and partner options for delivering automation.
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Have experience of undertaking automation work in Local Government.
- Have experience of establishing governance processes
Cultural fit criteria:
- Work with a range of stakeholders to develop proposals with broad support.
- Successfully work as part of a team.
Technical competence (60%), Cultural fit (20%), Price (20%)
Additional assessment methods: