IT Service Delivery Project Manager
We are looking for a technical minded Service Delivery Project Manager to support London Borough of Redbridge with managing a number of projects within their IT Portfolio. The Specialist will support the delivery of the IT and Digital Strategies, working across departments to deliver improvements for internal and external customers, with immediate focus on implementation of the automation capability and managing the roll out of end-user devices i.e. laptops / desktops. .
Expected contract length:
Initially 3 months, with potential extensions.
Who the specialist will work with:
There is an established IT Project Management Office with many projects underway. You will work with resources across the IT team and in specialist functions (e.g. finance and procurement) to deliver the projects.
What the specialist will work on:
Manage the IT Service Management project, specifically the implementation of the automation capability within the IT function and managing the roll out of end-user devices i.e. laptops / desktops.
Address where the work will take place:
The IT Team for London Borough of Redbridge is based at Lynton House, Ilford. However the majority of the team are working from home due to Covid-19 and this role would be expected to do the same.
Working remotely from home due to Covid 19. Occasional requirement to be onsite to collect/return IT equipment.
Essential skills and experience:
- Have experience working with local government procurement processes
- Have experience of the full project life cycle from business case definition, through to transition to business as usual
- Have extensive experience of project management
- Have experience with one or more project methodologies (e.g. Agile, PRINCE2,PMP)
- Experience of successfully delivering projects in a local government or public sector organisation
- Have experience of IT Service Management Tools
- Have experience of managing projects which deliver automation of administrative tasks
- Have experience of managing roll-outs of end user devices (laptops/desktops)
Cultural fit criteria:
- Can work collaboratively with the IT business as usual team to ensure the best outcomes for the Council.
- Can work collaboratively with specialists in the Council to achieve project aims (e.g. finance, legal and procurement)
Additional assessment methods:
Technical competence 65% Cultural fit 10% Price 25%