We are looking for an Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) specialist to aid the UK Export Finance data team in the selection and implementation of an ETL tool.
Expected contract length:
12 months, with a potential for an extension.
What the specialist will work on:
UKEF (UK Export Finance) are looking to bring onboard an ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) Specialist Contractor for a period of 12 months to provide support in the selecting of a suitable cloud based ETL tool for UKEF. Furthermore, the Contractor will be required to complete ETL knowledge handover to UKEF data team.
Address where the work will take place:
Remote working, until such a time as office working is possible and then with the UKEF team based in Westminster.
Monday-Friday, all remotely. Expected to work with the data team throughout.
Must have SC clearance.
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrate your experience of working in user centred design teams in large and/or complex organisations (e.g. government departments) (5%)
- Demonstrate your experience of defining an ETL strategy to process data from a variety of originator and target sources. (5%)
- Demonstrate your experience in helping a customer choose which ETL or ELT tools are a good fit for their organisation based on the customer's requirements and technology stack (5%)
- Demonstrate experience of working with Cloud-based solutions. (5%)
- Demonstrate experience of knowledge transfer from project teams to Support/BAU (5%)
- All contracted project resources must be SC cleared (5%)
- Demonstrate experience of working in an Agile environment for project delivery (5%)
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Demonstrate experience of working with both Batch and Stream processing (5%)
Cultural fit criteria:
- Demonstrate your ability to deliver in an open, collaborate, agile way (5%)
- Demonstrate your ability to deliver outcomes, applying an agile methodology, in non-agile environments and successfully bridging the two worlds (5%)
- Give an example of how you will help the department tackle one of the following areas: Covid-19 Recovery, Tackling economic inequality, Fighting climate change, Equal opportunity or Wellbeing (10%)
Additional assessment methods:
Technical competence: 60%
Cultural fit: 20%