We are looking for a specialist Enterprise Architect to support Northern Ireland Water in developing and implementing an optimum Enterprise Architecture that will align with their technology systems architecture with their business strategy.
Expected contract length:
Up to 18 months.
Who the specialist will work with:
The Specialist will be working with NI Water's Information Services Directorate including (but not limited to) ICT Service Management, ICT Operations, ICT Telecoms, ICT Information Security Teams and ICT Programme Management. A jointly agreed plan and delivery dates will be established at the commencement of the contract. It is accepted that the full plan will be developed as the investigation progresses.
What the specialist will work on:
The Enterprise Architect will lead NI Water project teams across two streams:
- Stream-1 will assess the current technology systems, reviewing business plans for technology change and developing and applying actionable plans to establish enterprise architecture within NI Water. This will include Discovery, Architecture and Review.
- Stream-2 will provide parallel support for business project owners to use the EA to lead and design workstreams and to develop technology architecture to meet new business project requirements. NB. each new project will be agreed via SOR with outputs and costs agreed before work commences.
Meeting with key stakeholders using MS Teams until such times as NI Water staff return to Office environment at which stage the Specialist will be required to be on-site. The Specialist will also be required onsite to present and discuss the report if NI Water staff have returned to the office, otherwise via MS Teams. Specialist costs are deemed to be onboarded with expenses, such as travel & subsistence, will be borne by the contractor and not NI Water.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)
Additional terms and conditions:
Shortlisted suppliers will be invited to make a presentation on how they will provide enterprise architectural services to meet NI Water's requirements. NI Water sees this role as sitting outside of IR35, as the candidates would not hold a fixed office position and will not have direct day to day direction or supervision.
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrate 4 years of experience in providing technical assurance, successful implementation and support of EA solution for a company of similar size and function to NIW. (7%)
- Demonstrate 4 years experience of operating in a mixed estate hybrid cloud environment. (5%)
- Demonstrate 4 years experience of supplying an EA service, and successfully influencing a complex stakeholder environment, including senior stakeholder management. (5%)
- Demonstrate 4 years experience in supplying EA service and ensuring proper governance for enterprise technology for a company of similar size and function to NI Water. (5%)
- Demonstrate experience of supplying multi-discipline, multi-specialist EA service, including conforming to architectural frameworks, such as TOGAF. (3%)
- Demonstrate experience and familiarity with managing and leading programme governance. (2%)
- Demonstrate 4 years experience in supplying an EA service with the ability to develop various architecture models (application, integration, data, technology and security. (3%)
- Demonstrate 4 years experience in supplying an EA service to develop policies, practices and roadmaps consistent with best practice. (3%)
- Demonstrate 4 years of experience in leading, guiding and influencing EA service capable of taking ownership and decision making. (4%)
- Demonstrate 4 years experience of provision of an EA service working on a public cloud, including Microsoft Azure/365. (2%)
- Demonstrate how you plan to retain key resources for the duration of the contract and how you can commit to meet NIW's continuous need for architecture services. (3%)
- Provide CV’s to demonstrate the typical resource quality that will be provided to meet the requirements. (5%)
- Provide up to three referenceable client-focussed case studies where your organisation has provided this service capability. (4%)
- Describe how you intend to measure and manage quality and speed of the architecture team and individuals to ensure continuous improvement. (2%)
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Demonstrate experience in analysing technical risks, and identifying mitigations to risks when migrating from legacy platforms to new target architectures ( 3%)
- Experience of the impact of GDPR and Data Protection Law on digital architecture ( 2%)
- Explain your overall Architecture Approach and Delivery Methodology. ( 2%)
Cultural fit criteria:
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers.
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions.
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes.
- Take responsibility for their work.
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members.
- Challenge the status quo.
- Be comfortable standing up for their discipline.
- Can work with clients with low technical expertise.
Additional assessment methods:
Technical competence 60% Cultural fit 15% Price 25%