The Royal Navy is looking for Technical SME support for a programme of C4ISR, technical, and operational SMEs, across a spectrum of digital programmes and projects delivering digital outcomes that enable current and future information based capabilities supporting Navy Command Information, MoD and HMG defence and national security outputs.
Expected contract length:
Part time details:
Based on 7.5 hours per day, 30 hours per week (4 days), for the duration of the contract; flexible working. There will be no overtime available.
Who the specialist will work with:
The DDF will be tasked by Navy Digital, will support MCSU and will liaise with several RN operational groups including Carrier Strike Force, Amphibious Task Group, and maritime platforms delivering outcomes under the guidance of the Navy Digital Capability Development Head.
What the specialist will work on:
Support the DDF programme with technical SME of command and control Functional Area Services (FAS) applications. Deliver core DDF Functions:
- Educate and inform users in support of CSG21 deployment in the best ways of working in using C2 Apps in an interoperable coalition.
- Innovate and develop tools and data sets to improve the information advantage of the RN.
- Produce knowledge articles including configuration guides, 'how-to' wikis, work-arounds and user guides for the C2 apps and their integration to systems.
MCSU at Portsdown Technology Park, with a relatively small amount of travel within the UK
The C4ISR Tech Lead will be supporting the Team Leader working in a team with stakeholders from within the RN operational staffs, MoD, and other government departments to deliver capability outcomes in support DDF tasks. There will be approx. 2 days per week working in office, the rest working flexibly. Planning work will be via a MODNET laptop, to be supplied, and can be conducted remotely using collaborative working. There will be some visits to battle staffs and maritime platforms to deliver outcomes in situ. These may be in the Portsmouth, Plymouth and Faslane areas.
SC is essential and DV desirable.
Additional terms and conditions:
In addition to the day rate, an additional £1K is available for T&S in line with current MoD rates. Foreign travel is included in this but prior authorisation is required from the Authority in advance of booking (committing)
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience delivering C4ISR/ICT digital programmes and projects in a complex maritime environment.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of FAS applications provided by NCIA and other vendors such as Northrop Grumman.
- Experience as an Enterprise Architect designing and endorsing digital and information solutions using current and next generation technology and resources.
- Experience of delivering intermediate level designs (ILD) for digital and cloud C4ISR solutions ensuring that all relevant lines of development are considered.
- Experienced in application of MoD standards for ICT, information security, digital design, delivery, compliance, safety, maritime integration and operations.
- Ability to understand complex digital and information based issues and provide options for resolution across a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience in an instructional or mentoring role
- Experience of programme management of complex software change activities at the Department level.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, Unix and other servers solutions as well as virtualisation using vSphere and Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of Maritime Platforms and systems such as Combat System Highway and the integration of those systems to sensors and transmitters, the data flow and information exchange.
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Experience with in-service maritime digital command system solutions, system engineering and system integration.
- Experience in all variants of in-service maritime command system digital data link technologies and solutions.
- Experience with NATO data link information exchange protocols.
- Experience developing and defining digital and cloud-based requirements to enable naval and maritime outcomes.
- Experience managing teams delivering digital maritime engineering outcomes as head of department with charge responsibility in a complex sea-going or similar role.
- Experience in maritime information exchange requirements and the information flow
Cultural fit criteria:
- Work as a team with our organisation and with other government organisations
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members
- Can work with customers with low technical expertise
- Able to work independently and as part of a team on a daily basis
- Able to make decisions in an informed and confident manner
Additional assessment methods:
Technical competence 75% Cultural fit 5% Price 20%
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to support the East Midlands Special Operations Unit with modernising its technology solutions. The initial engagement will be for 6 months with a high potential to continue for longer. This will be an Outside IR35 engagement and with a potential to grow and deliver other related services and skills. We are therefore looking for a Contractor who has the required technical skills along with a strong business acumen and a growth mindset.
The East Midlands Special Operations Unit is facing a challenge with modernising its technology solutions. Through the creation of new databases, user interfaces and integrating existing applications it is aiming to implement an enterprise data warehouse solution to enhance its data availability and analytics.
We are looking for a suitable candidate with the following experience.
- Experience in implementing data integration techniques, ETL and flexible/extensible database design (preferably Microsoft SQL Server based) is essential.
- Experience of design (client and server side), development (including UI/UX) and implementation of Enterprise grade applications. Proven experience working with Agile development methodologies (SCRUM), working with key business stakeholders to drive and evolve the development lifecycle.
- A strong understanding of software development technologies and demonstrable experience of utilising and implementing such technology in a secure and practical way and to provide a technical and infrastructure expert view for procurement decisions and to influence decisions based on best practise and current industry thinking.
- To have experience and awareness of implementing and designing highly available enterprise applications/solutions conforming to business continuity and recovery models.
- Demonstrate experience and a good working knowledge of implementing systems and services that conform to the requirements of internal and external security standards (e.g. relevant British and ISO standards, Cyber Essentials, NCSC and NIST).
- Demonstrable experience of working closely with Data and Business Analyst teams to translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Proven experience of service lifecycle, working with EMSOU's local IT teams to aid service transition and continual improvement. Documenting design decisions, principles and data relationships/models. Experience of utilising software testing frameworks (Manual/Automated) to ensure high quality deliverables to the user base.
- The candidate must be flexible in their approach to developing solutions and will be required to work closely with the EMSOU IT department to aid the transition of the solution into the BAU arena.
More specifically, the candidate must have working knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Backend Languages including but not limited to PHP, Java, Python, Ruby, C#, SQL, ASP.NET, .Net
- Rest APIs, SOAP Services, Micro-services
- Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft BI Stack (including not limited to SSRS, SSIS, Power BI Service)
- Version Control (GIT)
- Database Technologies (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
The candidate may be required to participate in the requirements elicitation process with various departments within EMSOU in order to create a data governance strategy that is aligned to EMSOU's business objectives. The resulting data warehouse solution must be cloud compatible or a hybrid solution. Cloud solution development experience would be beneficial to assist in identifying the best cloud based service for the project.
Experience of working in a law enforcement / government environment is preferable but not essential.
For security reasons, we are unable to provide the exact location, however it is in the vicinity of Junction 27 of the M1 in Nottinghamshire.
A Business Analyst with NHS IT Commercial experience is required to support the CIO, working closely with Project, Procurement and Finance teams for the next 18 months, starting immediately.
The work will involve analysing business requirements and providing advice in relation to digitisation and data migration. You will also be required to manage the relationships between key supplier representatives and Trust operatives to smooth out the pace of change and provide a degree of stability as measures are taken to upgrade/maintain key systems.
- Support with restructuring of ICT / Informatics / Digital teams
- Develop digital Strategies
- Help on key contracts with existing suppliers, including with Cerner for their EPR
- Support procurement activities
- Developing business case for strategic digital solutions
- Conduct strategic reviews
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Must have knowledge of methodologies for developing requirements to support a Trust in going out to procurement
- Procurement of clinical systems for an Acute Trust
- Developing digital strategies with Trusts, for example, a ‘cloud first’
- Supporting Trusts with restructuring of ICT
- Ensure the safe implementation of critical information systems
- Supporting Trusts with implementing EDM and outsourced scanning
Nice-to-have Skills & Experience:
- RIS, PACS and VNA Knowledge
- Have supported Trusts to recover implementations that are failing
In support of its Business Strategy and Customer and Channel Strategy, HM Land Registry has been driving its customer focus. The candidate will deliver defined customer experience and cultural change to improve customer focus and will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure embedded and sustained change.
What the specialist will work on
- Define strategic marketing/customer experience capability gaps
- Outline, scope prioritised steps, deliverables (including knowledge share) and timeline to address. Provide options and costed recommendations.
- Define capacity gaps, outline prioritised steps and deliverables with timeline to address together with capability plan. Provide options and costed recommendations.
- Define customer focused change goals, work with HR/leadership to define measures and embed change required.
- Prioritise and deliver phase1 customer focused change goals with appropriate cross-functional teams/leaders. Develop plan to deliver and sustainably embed change.
- Identify priorities for targeted internal messaging campaigns to drive customer focused change and steer implementation
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Have significant experience of strategic marketing & customer experience in multiple sectors with tangible, demonstrable results
- Have evidence of influencing and relationship building at a senior level which has delivered significant and lasting change
- Have experience in managing multiple stakeholders to achieve tangible results
- Be inspiring and experienced change leader, creating & leading a new (virtual) team through change
- Have evidence of articulating a strategic vision, mobilising a virtual team behind it, and delivering on the execution
- Be an advocate for our customers and able to influence decision making across the organisation to take our customers into account, particularly during transformation change activity to embed the change
- Be able to drive and deliver change for an enhanced customer experience across the organisation
- Have evidence of working at pace – and negotiating to be able to do so
Nice-to-have Skills and Experience:
- Have experience of working in regulated markets
- Have a strong knowledge of current and emerging technology
- Have digital experience
- Have CIM qualification